Sunday , July 15 2018
  • English
  • Spanish
Home / All / Texas Woman Dies from Flesh-Eating Bacteria after Eating Raw Oysters

Texas Woman Dies from Flesh-Eating Bacteria after Eating Raw Oysters


 

Source: Facebook

 

A Texas woman spent 21 days in the hospital fighting for life after she ate raw oysters and contracted a deadly infection.

Jeannette LeBlanc went crabbing with her friends and family on the Louisiana coast in September, according to KLFY.

She grabbed some raw oysters at a nearby market and fell ill shortly after eating them.

Within 36 hours, LeBlanc developed a rash and could hardly breathe.

Doctors diagnosed her with vibriosis.

“It’s a flesh-eating bacteria… She had severe wounds on her legs from that bacteria,” her partner, Vicki Bergquist, told KLFY.

According to the CDC, vibriosis can occur after someone eats raw or undercooked seafood, particularly oysters. The Vibrio bacteria can also cause a skin infection when an open wound is exposed to salt water.

LeBlanc never recovered from the infection and died on Oct. 15.

“She was bigger than life,” Bergquist said. “She was a great person, laughed a lot, loved her family, loved her dad.”

Bergquist told the news station she now wants to raise awareness in her partner’s honor.

 

 

                                                              


 Mujer de Texas muere por bacteria devoradora de carne después de comer ostras crudas

 

Source: Facebook

 

Una mujer de Texas pasó 21 días en el hospital luchando por la vida después de comer ostras crudas y contraer una infección mortal.

Jeannette LeBlanc fue a comer cangrejos con sus amigos y familiares a la costa de Luisiana en septiembre, según KLFY.

Ella comió ostras crudas en un mercado cercano y enfermó poco después de comerlas.

En 36 horas, LeBlanc desarrolló sarpullido y apenas podía respirar.

Los médicos le diagnosticaron vibriosis.

“Es una bacteria que se alimenta de carne … Tenía graves heridas en las piernas debido a esa bacteria”, dijo su amiga, Vicki Bergquist, a KLFY.

Según el CDC, la vibriosis puede ocurrir después de que alguien come mariscos crudos o poco cocidos, particularmente ostras. La bacteria Vibrio también puede causar una infección en la piel cuando una herida abierta se expone al agua salada.

LeBlanc nunca se recuperó de la infección y murió el 15 de octubre.

“Ella era más grande que la vida”, dijo Bergquist. “Era una gran persona, se reía mucho, amaba a su familia, amaba a su padre”.

Bergquist dijo a la estación de noticias que ahora quiere crear conciencia en honor de su amiga.

 

                                                              


 

About Red Latina

Check Also

“Trump baby” balloon flies over central London in anti-Trump protests

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »